Safety within the manufacturing environment requires constant dedication. It is not necessarily something that is achieved more than it is maintained. And it’s the responsibility of everyone involved, from owners to managers to employees, to make safety a top priority on a daily basis.
According to OSHA’s top 10 most frequently cited standards in 2011, many of the incidents easily apply to the typical manufacturing environment including fall protection, protection, lockout/tagout, ladders, machines, electrical and powered industrial trucks.
ASK Yourself - Do you know?
* Over 85% of all accidents are caused by Unsafe Acts by Employees.
* Where to meet or go after an evacuation of the building?
* Do you read the label on the containers before using any chemical?
* Do you report Unsafe Acts and Unsafe Conditions?
* Have you been trained in proper lifting techniques?
* Do you know what to do if you see exposed electrical wires?
If you ANSWERED NO